Although pregnancy is one of the happiest periods in a woman’s life, some suffer from depression.
According to the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), 14-23% of women are confronted with some symptoms of depression during pregnancy.
Sometimes this situation, if not treated promptly, can be dangerous not only for the mother but also for her unborn baby.
See below the 12 signs of depression:
1. Persistent sadness
2. Difficulty concentrating
3. She sleeps very little or too much
4. Loss of interest in activities that normally enjoyed
5. Repeated thoughts about death, suicide or despair
7. Feelings of guilt or instability
8. Change in eating habits
9. Problems with partner relationship
10. Family or personal history of depression
11. Stressful life events
12. Previous misappropriation
If you notice that the symptoms persist and you have more than 2 weeks, consult your doctor!