World

Vicks VapoRub poisoned a baby

 

 

 

 

 

You may be surprised to discover the dangers of Vicks VapoRub. Besides, we have all used it many times to relieve fever and nasal congestion without any problems.  However, this ointment is a really serious risk for children under 3 years of age. While it’s good for adults, babies increase mucus production by 60%.

This mucus accumulates in the trachea and lungs and inhibits breathing.

Mother smudged Vicks VapoRub, on his chest, on his back, and under his nose to help him breathe. He slept next to him. When she woke up, she realized that he was not breathing and immediately took him to the hospital. Unfortunately he was dead for hours.

 

 

 

 

 

The medical report reported that the child died due to inflammation in the respiratory tract caused by the camphor contained in the famous ointment. While the Vicks VapoRub label warns of its use in children under the age of 3, most of the times nobody is reading these warnings.